Impress your guests with Simple Chinese Egg Rolls Recipes. An easy to make recipe for this perennial party favorite. Making authentic Chinese egg rolls requires you to have easy access to just a few basic ingredients. Chinese Eggs Rolls are easy to make at home using these simple recipes, tips and variations to try.
- 12 egg roll wraps
- 1/2-1 lb ground pork (or chicken or beef)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (16 ounce) bag shredded cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix (not quite the whole bag)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 1 teaspoo water
- Brown pork with ginger and garlic in pan; drain any grease.
- Mix salt, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil. Add to pork and mix well.
- In large bowl combine cabbage mix and green onions.
- Pour hot meat over vegetables and stir well. Let cool slightly.
- Lay wrap in front of you so that it looks like a diamond.
- Place 3 tablespoons pork filling in center of egg roll wrapper.
- Fold bottom point up over filling and roll once.
- Fold in right and left points.
- Brush beaten egg on top point.
- Finish rolling.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining filling.
- Heat 2-3 inches oil in large frying pan to very hot (350ºF).
- Fry a few egg rolls in pan at a time, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce, plum sauce, hoisin sauce or jalapeño pepper jelly.
- Preparation :
- Cook :
Nutrition / Serving
- Calories 159.7
- Cholesterol 32.0 mg
- Sodium 729.4 mg
- Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Protein 7.6 g
Original recipe makes 12 eggrolls