Chinese Crab Rangoon Recipes, A variation on deep-fried wontons that has become very popular in some parts of the United States, although it is not an authentic Chinese appetizer. The wontons are stuffed with crab, cream cheese and scallions before deep-frying.
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temp
- 3/4-1 cup crabmeat, picked
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced (large clove)
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- >1 teaspoon sugar
- wonton wrapper (I buy 2 packages as I’m never quite sure how many I’ll end up with)
- oil (for frying)
- Whip together the sour cream, cream cheese and soy sauce and sugar until smooth.
- Fold in remaining ingredients (except wrappers) Heat oil to med-high and you want it around 1 1/2-2 inches deep.
- Place a small bowl of water on your work surface and lay out 6 wrappers, and place around 1 1 1/2 t’s in the center of each wrapper.
- Moisten edges, bring up corners and pinch together, along with sides-you dont want filling to float away.
- Place all 6 in the hot oil and repeat process.
- By the time you have the next set of 6 ready to crimp it should be time to turn the rangoon’s.
- You want them a nice golden color.
- When done remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towells.
- Repeat until done.
- Preparation :
- Cook :
Nutrition / Serving
- Calories 34.1
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 43.6 mg
- Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Protein 0.6 g
Original recipe makes 50 – 60 Units