Try this delicious Coconut Chicken With Chilli Apricot Chutney Recipes. Chutneys can be made from almost any combination of vegetables, fruits, herbs and spices. Chutneys are usually grouped into sweet or hot forms; both forms usually contain spices, including chili, but differ by their main flavours.
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 750 g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 400 g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- Make chilli apricot chutney: Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add chilli flakes. Cook for 1 minute. Add onion, apricot, sugar and vinegar. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until chutney is thick.
- Meanwhile, place flour and coconut in separate shallow dishes. Lightly beat eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Preheat oven to 150°C Line a baking tray with paper towel. Coat chicken in flour, shaking off excess, then dip in egg, followed by coconut, pressing coconut on with fingertips to secure.
- Fry in batches putting them in the oven on the baking tray until you are done.
- Preparation :
- Cook :
Nutrition / Serving
- Calories 1000.6
- Cholesterol 214.5 mg
- Sodium 320.3 mg
- Carbohydrate 130.2 g
- Protein 53.3 g
Original recipe makes 4 Servings