Delicious Japanese Mum’s Chicken recipes. Main Dishes with chicken drumsticks, water, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, garlic cloves, hot pepper. This recipe is full of rich flavors but not heavy on the waist.
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin on (the skin is important for flavour, and is so tasty to eat!)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cu p balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and bruised
- 1 small hot chili pepper, slit open, seeds removed
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan over a high heat.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove any scum that rises to the surface.
- Increase the heat, turning the drumsticks frequently in the liquid, and cook until the liquid has reduced to a sticky glaze.
- Arrange the chicken on a serving platter, remove the garlic clove and chili from the liquid, and spoon the glaze over.
- NOTE It’s a glaze rather than a sauce, so there’s not a whole lot of it.
- Preparation :
- Cooking :
Nutrition / Serving
- Calories 313.1
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 1470.5 mg
- Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Protein 31.0 g
Original recipe makes 4 Servings