The Best Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry. Let’s cook healthy Chinese food by making a beef-and-broccoli recipe with less sodium. Beef and broccoli might only be a classic combination in the American Chinese repertoire, but that doesn’t make it any less delicious.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (can substitute 1 Tbs. orange or pineapple juice with a dash of vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli, defrosted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 slice fresh ginger, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Slice the steak against the grain into very thin slices.
- Combine the soy sauce, sherry, and cornstarch and pour this mixture over the steak.
- Marinate the meat for 15 minutes.
- While the meat is marinating, slice the broccoli at a diagonal and mince garlic and ginger.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan for 30 seconds, add oil, wait about 20 seconds, and add minced garlic and ginger root. Fry over high heat, stirring constantly for about 20 seconds more, then add the beef.
- Stir-fry, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute. Add broccoli and stir-fry for another 4 to 6 minutes, until the broccoli is cooked but still crisp and still dark green.
- Serve hot. This is low in carbohydrates.
- Preparation : 35 Minutes
- Cook : 1o Minutes
Nutrition / Serving
- Calories 300.0
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 592.3 mg
- Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Protein 28.2 g
Original recipe makes 4 Servings