Yummy Crispy Skin Duck a.k.a Xang Su Ya Recipes. This duck should be started way ahead of time, as the duck must cool after the first roasting. Be certain the duck is very crispy before serving.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) duck (defrosted)
- 1 (10 ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (freshly ground black pepper)
- 2 tablespoons duck fat
- 2 tablespoons marsala wine
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (from jar)
- Mix marmalade, lemon, orange juice, honey, ginger, chicken broth, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Heat, stirring, until marmalade has melted. Stir in duck fat and wine.
- Wash duck inside and out and pat dry with paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper inside and out. Prick surface with a fork or slightly score the surface. Place on a rack and roast, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool.
- Cut each breast into 2 portions and each thigh into 2 portions, plus you will have the 2 legs.
- Place the portions onto a rack in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake in the 350 degree oven 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and generously brush with the marmalade sauce. Return to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- Preparation :
- Cook :
Nutrition / Serving
- Calories 3087.6
- Cholesterol 447.6 mg
- Sodium 984.1 mg
- Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Protein 54.0 g
Original recipe makes 4 Servings