Indonesian Spicy Fried Boiled Eggs ( Telur Balado ) Recipes is Originated from North Sumatra (Padang or Minang). this humble dish can be easily bought from many street vendors (warung nasi).
It can be cook easily for the beginner and it usually served with steamed rice or Indonesian fried rice. It is sometimes completed with prawn crispy in the inside. However, many region in Indonesia also have his recipe food in their dishes with different recipe.
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, shells removed
- 6 red chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 medium shallots
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1 cup oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Deep fry the eggs in the hot oil until they are golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes; set aside.
- Combine the chile peppers, garlic, shallots, tomatoes, and shrimp paste in a food processor; blend into a paste. Add in peanut oil. Process again until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour the chile pepper mixture into the skillet. Stir the vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper into the mixture. Add the fried eggs to the mixture, turning to coat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Preparation :
- Cook :
Nutrition / Serving
- Calories 237 kcal
- Cholesterol 229 mg
- Sodium 178 mg
- Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Fat 17.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g
Original recipe makes 8 Servings